What is the Licensing Agreement Toolkit and why do I need it?
As a Tutor or Tutor Agency you have developed resources. These are items that you’ve developed using your expert knowledge, skills, and practical experience. Those resources might be
• exercises to test a student's knowledge or
• homework workbooks,
• a song or other quick way of remembering something or
• a book which helps students avoid things that could trip then up in exams or
• another way of helping students learn and retain knowledge.
Whatever the resource you need to be able to:
- Protect it from other people using it in a way that you don't expect (for example, selling it to other students as if it was their own work)
- Monetise it - so you can consider selling it and make a more passive income from all your hard work (for example, selling a revision workbook that you use with your own students as an online resource).
The only way you can protect and/or monetise your resources is with a Licensing Agreement.
- will save you time, money and stress and
- helps you avoid common mistakes and
- gives you the background information and essential documents which you need.
How does it work?
Start by watching the video guide which introduces and explains to you what licensing is. It also explains how a Licensing Agreement is going to help you
- protect your resources
- make money from your resources.
Our Licensing Agreement checklist is an easy to use document. It comes with a step-by-step 'How To' video'. It takes you through the important things that you need to think about if you are considering licensing a resource.
Once your checklist is complete, use the template Licensing Agreement to finalise your licence for any people and/or organisation who will use it.
- No fuss.
- No hefty lawyers' fees
Just a great legal agreement which helps you protect and monetise your resources.
Who is this for?
It works for any Tutor or a Tutor Agency who has developed resources and wants to share it with others (the User). For example, it works if you want to
- provide the resource for the user to use for a trial (e.g. 7 days)
- give it to students who are having one-to-one or group tuition with you
-sell it to students
- sell it to organisations, including schools or a Local Authority.
Is this suitable for me?
If you are a Tutor or a Tutor Agency and have developed some resources that you want to safely share with others, then this Toolkit is for you.
This is an easy way for you to comfortably get everything you need and can rely on in one place. Written by expert solicitors and designed just for your small business. All templates are written according to the law in England and Wales.
It also makes a great addition to once of our speciality Starter or Premium Toolkits for Tutors.
Why is this Toolkit different from other legal template providers? - Essential Background Information - You want to understand what your Licensing Agreement is and does. Our video guide takes you through the essentials of licensing so that you feel confident in licensing your own resources. - Beautifully Simple documents
We give you:
- You don’t want dusty old documents full of language nobody uses in real life – words like aforesaid and hitherto! Our docs are clearly written.
- you get video guides and 'How to' Explainer videos which take you through the documents. They take you through the document, explaining each section, step-by-step.Designed for you - Tutors and Tutor Agencies
We make sure you’re confident about :
- Why you need that document.
- What it means for your business.
- How to adapt the document so that it fits your business and what it needs.
What does it cost?
You pay one price + VAT for 12 months access. That means you get the benefit of any updates or things we add.
Do I get support?
Yes - all members can email email@example.com for any technical or access issues.
What Do I Get?
Included in this Toolkit are
- Essential legal documents
- 'How to' Explainer videos.
- Access to support and the Community
- The benefit of any updates we may provide.
How does it work?
Once you’ve paid you get immediate access to the Toolkit and can start using the documents and resources.